Internet Man-to-Man (IM2M) HIV / AIDS Workshop Project Management
This project demonstrates the application of project management skills from conception to implementation. The principal stakeholder for this project has been presenting the Man-to-Man (M2M) HIV /AIDS prevention workshop as a face-to-face workshop for over 5 years. The project objective is to convert the class to an interactive multimedia course that is available online (IM2M HIV / AIDS).
The project objectives are as follows:
- Create a virtual synchronous training component.
- To host 50 – 60 participants in a virtual synchronous training environment over 4 days in 4-hour segments
- Assess and evaluate the effectiveness of the virtual synchronous Internet workshop versus the face-to-face workshop delivery with the participants
As the principal ID for this effort, I performed all the communication and project management tasks. The project management skills used include but are not limited to
- Identify scope
- Evaluate the communication, management, and design issues
- Create a Work Breakdown Structure
- Specify and sequence project activities, tasks, and deliverables
- Analyze the effort, resources, and costs associated with the project
- Complete a Project Schedule and Resource Allocation Plan for the project
- Assess the risks associated with a project and propose a risk management plan
- Create a Communication Plan and Project Monitoring Matrix for tracking communication and keeping stakeholders accountable during their ID project
- Create a checklist for tracking project close-out criteria and activities